Happy Saturday! What are you up to this weekend? Today I'm meeting up with some friends in the morning for a bit of knitting (I'm working on an adorable little lovey blanket for the baby) and then hopefully seeing Don Jon in the evening with the husband (we recently watched 50/50 and I'm becoming quite the fan of JGL).
Good stuff I've come across recently:
- How to care for delicate clothing
- Elise has been hitting it out of the park lately with her thoughts on being a new mama. I particularly loved her Pancakes and Perspective post, as well as her three things concept.
- How to beat "the Mondays"
- We're already drowning in baby gear over here, so this post on baby essentials was very interesting.
- This DIY rope changing basket is killing me. Unfortunately, we opted to go with a traditional changing table, so I don't have an excuse to make it!
- Tips for freezing fruit
- I loved this post from Alexandra Franzen about her OCD. It's a unique perspective on embracing your "faults" and making them work for you.
- A peek into Caroline's creative space (side note: I wish my craft room was ever clean enough to share on the Internet!)
- Finding time for a creative life as a mama
- And, I already mentioned this in my October plans post, but I am so excited to dig into Kyla Roma's Create Freedom e-course. I know I need to make some big changes in my work habits! There's still time to sign-up if you're also a freelancing, blogging, creative type.
And, some things I wrote that were published elsewhere on the 'net:
- On the Kicksend blog, I shared an accordion-style brag book tutorial
- On Craftsy, I wrote about sewing perfect pleats, a tutorial for covering zipper ends, and choosing a pattern and fabric for sewing a fall or winter coat