Happy Halloween! Between multiple trips to pumpkin patches, a fall festival, and Halloween parties at preschool and with Stroller Strides, I feel like we've been celebrating Halloween for a month! I'm a little bored with it, to be honest! We'll be trick-or-treating tonight if the weather holds out, and then we can move on to Christmas or whatever holiday the retail industry is trying to get us hyped up about.
Here's what we were up to in October:
- Before I was really bored with Halloween, I made E a cute little ghost t-shirt using my Silhouette and heat transfer vinyl. Super easy. Not sure why I haven't been whipping out custom tees for every occasion.
- I went to my first MOPS meeting. I used to joke about finding a support group for people who think their toddler is trying to kill them, and that's basically what MOPS is.
- A friend recently became a yoga instructor and started offering classes in her home. I haven't done yoga regularly since I was pregnant so it's been really great to get back into it.
- E had more fun stuff on the calendar this month than I did, including a fire station tour.
- Many pumpkin spice lattes were consumed.
Some fun links for your perusing pleasure:
- Get in the zone quickly
- 3 questions for choosing toys
- Old school blogging (via Kathleen)
- Risk is essential to childhood
- Work-life balance poses challenges regardless of wealth
- How to start a cookbook club . This is the kind of book club I want to join.
- Caiti shared her filming set up. Super helpful if you're thinking about diving into creating YouTube videos.
- An editor recommended Grammarly, an in-browser grammar checker to me and I'm already in love with it.
- Creating a babymoon so you can heal postpartum. Required reading for expectant mamas.
- 11 podcasts about sex, marriage and love
- An amazing long read: The Lonely Death of George Bell
- The New York Times released their annual list of the best illustrated children's books
- Stumbled across a new-to-me blog all about journaling
- A blogger's guide to rocking Reddit
- I want to try some of these make-ahead Paleo freezer meals
- Modern Mrs. Darcy shared some thoughts about publishing these days. "The number of titles being published in the U.S. has exploded in the last ten years." No wonder I can't keep up with my TBR list!
- I updated my post on surviving morning sickness.
- And I've been contributing posts over at Modernize: add a coffee or beverage station to your kitchen, 6 ways to refresh your kitchen on a budget, how to prep your yard for winter, give your closet a chic boutique vibe, and playroom ideas to keep your living room from looking like a toy store.